[Eeglablist] Pop_regica and conducting ICA on dataset with EOG channels

Tarik S Bel-Bahar tarikbelbahar at gmail.com
Thu Jul 6 15:00:41 PDT 2017

Hello Tyler, it's totally okay to not include the EOG in your channels that
go into ICA. frontal eeg channels pick up eye-related artifacts just fine
without EOG. You might also want to correlate the EOG channel activity with
ICs that you think are should be associated with EOG. One can also easily
google scholar a range of interesting articles that ICA  but
use/or/don't-use/or/correlate-with EOG.  Overall, my understanding is
whatever channels you do include for ICA. If you're hacking more details
would be necessary to offer advice, though hacking is ony recommended for
those who are already saavy with matlab and eeglab, and willing to use
extra effort to build their on workarounds.