[Eeglablist] Epochs rejection by script

Tarik S Bel-Bahar tarikbelbahar at gmail.com
Mon Jul 17 10:10:53 PDT 2017

Hello Antonio,

Try something like the below within your script loop, which throws up a
gui, and then computes epochs-to-remove and then removes them.
The following might also be helpful: Reviewing the eeglab scripting online
tutorials, and the eeg.reject structure in your eeglab files. The
documentation within functions is also useful.

Does the below work for you?

1.Run various artifact-epoch detection methods
then
      [ALLEEG EEG CURRENTSET] = eeg_store(ALLEEG, EEG, CURRENTSET);

2. Then, within code, run the function command for showing eegplot of the
epochs.

pop_eegplot( EEG, 1, 1, 1);

3. The user should then be able to walk through the epochs, see the ones
that have been selected and those that have not been, make changes if
necessary, and then should close the gui, and then the code should keep
running the following:

      [ALLEEG EEG CURRENTSET] = eeg_store(ALLEEG, EEG, CURRENTSET);

EEG = eeg_rejsuperpose( EEG, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1);  %gives a variable
named as follows with all epochs to reject: EEG.reject.rejglobal

      [ALLEEG EEG CURRENTSET] = eeg_store(ALLEEG, EEG, CURRENTSET);

5. run epoch rejection using that list of epochs
for example, as follows

     EEG = pop_rejepoch( EEG, EEG.reject.rejglobal ,0);
      [ALLEEG EEG CURRENTSET] = eeg_store(ALLEEG, EEG, CURRENTSET);

On Mon, Jul 17, 2017 at 5:57 AM, Antonio Maffei <antonio.maffei at phd.unipd.it