[Eeglablist] study ideas

Rob Coben drcoben at gmail.com
Sun Aug 13 14:24:25 PDT 2017

We have conducted a study assessing resting eeg in adults that were
traumatized as children and wish to compare them to control subjects without
such problems in their history. Our primary data to analyze is based on 64
ch eeg sampled at 2000 c/s over two separate recordings of 10 minutes in
duration. This is resting eeg not erp data.

We wish to analyze these data for two primary questions. First, analyze ic's
and determine sources and compare the groups for differences in
regions/sources. What would you suggest using for this? Study function? MPT?
Other thoughts?

Next, we want to measure the difference between the groups in source derived
connectivity. We focus on granger causality using PDC as our primary
measure. We often use, on an individual level, a SIFT like application that
does this. Suggestions would be welcome. Use SIFT for this group level
analysis? Other ideas?

Alternatively, we have thought of using graph theory measures but would
prefer to do at the source level not channel. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Rob Coben, PhD