[Eeglablist] Measure Projection Toolbox gui error

Eric Rawls elrawls at email.uark.edu
Thu Aug 17 13:13:51 PDT 2017

Hello, I am trying to use Nima's MPT plugin as an alternative to IC
clustering in a study. I installed the plugin and it is visible in the gui
when the study is loaded, however it produces two warnings when I hover the
cursor over the "Measure Projection" field:

Warning: NARGCHK will be removed in a future release. Use NARGINCHK or
NARGOUTCHK instead.
> In objectEDT (line 6)
  In JidePropertyGridField/Initialize (line 50)
  In JidePropertyGridField (line 39)
  In PropertyGrid/set.Properties (line 131)
  In constructor (line 15)
  In UIControl (line 46)
  In PropertyGrid (line 72)
  In show_gui_options (line 147)
  In eegplugin_mproject>command_on_MPA_GUI_entrance (line 73)
Warning: A value of class "java.lang.Thread" was indexed with no subscripts
specified. Currently the result of this operation is the indexed value
itself, but in a future
release, it will be an error.
> In javaclass (line 60)
  In JidePropertyGridField/Initialize (line 86)
  In JidePropertyGridField (line 39)
  In PropertyGrid/set.Properties (line 131)
  In constructor (line 15)
  In UIControl (line 46)
  In PropertyGrid (line 72)
  In show_gui_options (line 147)
  In eegplugin_mproject>command_on_MPA_GUI_entrance (line 73)

After each of these warnings repeats many times, it finally produces an
error when the dropout menu actually appears:

Undefined function 'mod' for input arguments of type 'matlab.ui.Figure'.

Error in PropertyGrid/set.Properties (line 167)
            if ~mod(self.Parent,1)

Error in constructor (line 15)
    set(obj, varargin{:});

Error in UIControl (line 46)
                    obj = constructor(obj, varargin{:});

Error in PropertyGrid (line 72)
            self = self at UIControl(varargin{:});

Error in show_gui_options (line 147)
optionsPropertyGrid = PropertyGrid(f, ...            % add property pane to
figure

Error in eegplugin_mproject>command_on_MPA_GUI_entrance (line 73)
    show_gui_options(0, true);

Error while evaluating Menu Callback

I thought this might be an error with the propertygrid, based on a previous
message in the eeglablist (https://sccn.ucsd.edu/pipermail/eeglablist/2015/
010148.html) - however, when I check this using 'which -all propertygrid'
it returns

/LocalPath/Documents/MATLAB/eeglab/plugins/bigdelys-measure-projection-
e2b9ccfa89ed/dependency/propertyGrid/PropertyGrid.m % PropertyGrid
constructor

Which as far as I can tell is the correct propertygrid. Any idea why this
error might appear from attempting to use MPT from the eeglab graphical
interface?

Thanks
Eric Rawls, M.S.
Department of Psychological Sciences