[Eeglablist] Function conflict when using Cleanline plugin

Armand Mensen research.mensen at gmail.com
Fri Aug 18 01:26:02 PDT 2017

Dear EEGLABers,

I've been trying to use the *Cleanline* tool for time now but every time
its added to my path, I get quite odd and cryptic error messages from
Matlab. Recently, since I really wanted to use the tool for an especially
noisy dataset I had, I tried to debug these errors and found that the
errors stem from the bci external toolbox used as a dependency and there
are functions called strjoin and strsplit.

These are found in:
.../CleanLine1_03/external/bcilab_partial/dependencies/PropertyGrid-2010-09-16-mod/strjoin.m

I'm surprised other users have been able to use the toolbox given this
fundamental conflict. Is there something I'm doing wrong here?

Thanks for any advice you can provide.

Kind regards,
Armand Mensen

*Postdoctoral Researcher*