[Eeglablist] Regarding slow ICA

Narendra Kumar narendra.linguistics at gmail.com
Sat Aug 26 07:53:04 PDT 2017

I observed the differences between the two in command window as follows:

When files run in 3-3.5 hrs

Beginning ICA training ... first training step may be slow ...

step 1 - lrate 0.00100 wchange ***** angledelta 0.0 deg

step 2 - ......

When files take more than 20 hours

Beginning ICA training ... first training step may be slow ...
Warning: Using 'state' to set RAND's internal state causes RAND, RANDI, and
RANDN to use legacy random number generators.  This syntax will be
removed in a future release.  See Updating Your Random Number Generator
Syntax to use RNG to replace the old syntax.
> In runica at 830
  In pop_runica at 419
  In preprocessing_1_30 at 131
Lowering learning rate to 0.0009 and starting again.

Lowering  learning rate to .....

​I think the error can tell about it in a better way.

Regards,
Narendra​