[Eeglablist] CleanLine & clean_rawdata plugins

Rafał Jończyk rafal.jonczyk at gmail.com
Sat Aug 26 17:21:31 PDT 2017

Dear all,

I have two questions concerning the eeglab plugins: CleanLine &
clean_rawdata.

1. CleanLine: for some reason or other when I run CleanLine on a dataset
Matlab freezes for a good few minutes (ca. 10) before it starts the
cleaning procedure, with the cleaning being very swift. I am currently
using Matlab R2017a with the most recent version of eeglab. Has anyone
experienced this problem before? This happens irrespective of whether I am
using the GUI or the script.

2. Clean_rawdata: I am using this plugin solely to get rid of bad channels
prior to re-referencing & subsequent ICA. It often happens that EOG
channels get rejected during the procedure. Since I want to include the EOG
channels for ICA (which I use mainly form eye artifacts removal), I am
wondering what could yield better results:
a) letting clean_rawdata do its job and in case EOG channels get removed
running ICA without those channels.
b) as in a) but interpolating EOG channels prior to ICA.
b) running clean_rawdata on all channels except EOG channels so that they
remain intact for ICA.

I hope the above options makes sense. For now, option c) seems to be the
most convincing and a) the least convincing to me.

Thank you for your suggestions,
Best,
​Raf.​
--