[Eeglablist] Issue related to clean_rawdata

Sarah Blum sarah.blum1 at uni-oldenburg.de
Thu Sep 21 00:27:21 PDT 2017

Dear list,

I am encountering the same issue, even when calling the method
help_memfree() in asr_process() once, not only after repeated calls.

It must be some kind of memory-access error, I assume, where Matlab
tries to ask for free memory space and the operating system either does
not respond, or there is no free memory.

I don't have the time to investigate that now, but I wanted to
contribute that it is a problem under Linux even with the first call to
the method (I assume, Narenda is running Windows?).

@Narenda: A workaround might be to just set "maxmem" to a reasonable
value (line 105 in asr_process()), then the rest works fine.

Info: I am running Linux Mint 18.1., 64-bit and Matlab 2017a 64-bit

Kind regards,

Sarah Blum

--
M.Sc. Sarah Blum
Neuropsychology Lab

Phone: +49-441-798-4946
Email: sarah.blum at informatik.uni-oldenburg.de

On 09/18/2017 10:05 PM, Narendra Kumar wrote:
> ​Dear EEGLABlist users​,
>
> ​I use *clean_rawdata*
> to reject bad channels and correct continuous data using Artifact Subspace
> Reconstruction
> ​, I applied this on 30 subjects data using multiple subject analysis batch
> script file. It worked well till data on 21 subjects but crashed on 22nd
> subject with the following error:
>>
> Warning: A value of class "com.sun.management.OperatingSystem" was indexed
> with no subscripts specified. Currently the result of this operation
> is the indexed value itself, but in a future release, it will be an error.
>> In asr_calibrate>hlp_memfree (line 266)
>    In asr_calibrate (line 114)
>    In clean_asr (line 164)
>    In clean_artifacts (line 219)
>    In clean_rawdata (line 83)
>    In preprocessing_win (line 105)
> Determining per-component thresholds...Index exceeds matrix dimensions.
>
> Error in asr_calibrate>fit_eeg_distribution (line 359)
> X1 = X(1,:); X = bsxfun(@minus,X,X1);
>
> Error in asr_calibrate (line 180)
>      [mu(c),sig(c)] = fit_eeg_distribution(rms,min_
> clean_fraction,max_dropout_fraction);
>
> Error in clean_asr (line 164)
>      state = asr_calibrate(ref_section.data,ref_section.srate,cutoff);
>
> Error in clean_artifacts (line 219)
>      EEG = clean_asr(EEG,burst_crit,[],[],[],burst_crit_refmaxbadchns,burst_crit_reftolerances,[]);
> end
>
> Error in clean_rawdata (line 83)
> cleanEEG = clean_artifacts(EEG, 'FlatlineCriterion', arg_flatline,...
>
> Error in preprocessing_win (line 105)
>      EEG = clean_rawdata(EEG, -1, -1, 0.75, -1, 10, 0.25);
>

> ​Kindly suggest some solution.​
>
> ​Thanks,
> Narendra​
>
> Research Scholar
> Department of Humanities and Social Sciences
> Indian Institute of Technology Ropar
> Punjab, India - 140001
> Contact No.:- +91-8968945650
> Homepage:- *https://www.sites.google.com/site/narendraiitrpr