[Eeglablist] Problems averaging trials

Harold Hodgins hodg4890 at mylaurier.ca
Sat Sep 30 12:43:54 PDT 2017

Good Afternoon,

I'm trying to merge three set files and then average them across trials and
later by time slice.

I'm able to load the data using raw_data =
pop_loadset('filename',file_names,'filepath',ROOT_DIR);
and then merge the sets using averaged_set = pop_mergeset(raw_data,
linspace(1,numel(raw_data), numel(raw_data) ), 0);

I then average it using averaged_set.data = mean(averaged_set.data,3);
and set the number of trials to be 1 using averaged_set.trials = 1;

When I try to time select the data using selection =
pop_select(averaged_set,'time',[0 0.5]); I get the following

Warning: negative minimum time; unchanged to ensure correct latency of
initial boundary event
eeg_insertbound(): 1 boundary (break) events added.
eeg_checkset warning: 42/44 events had out-of-bounds latencies and were
removed
eeg_insertbound(): 1 boundary (break) events added.
BUG 1971 WARNING: IF YOU ARE USING A SCRIPT WITTEN FOR A PREVIOUS VERSION OF
EEGLAB TO CALL THIS FUNCTION, BECAUSE YOU ARE REJECTING THE ONSET OF THE
DATA,
EVENTS WERE CORRUPTED. EVENT LATENCIES ARE NOW CORRECT (SEE
https://sccn.ucsd.edu/wiki/EEGLAB_bug1971);
Warning: Discrepency when recomputing event latency.
Try to reproduce the problem and send us your dataset
> In eeg_eegrej at 155
  In pop_select at 537

but selection = pop_select(raw_data(1),'time',[0 0.5]); works fine so I'm
suspicious I'm doing something wrong with the merging or averaging.

Sincerely,
Harold Hodgins