[Eeglablist] AoN Brainhack Warsaw 2017 'early bird' registration extended till 15th October!

Daniel Borek dtborek at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 12:53:22 PDT 2017

*AoN Brainhack Warsaw 2017*

*November 17-19, 2017*

*University of Warsaw, Warsaw, Poland*

*— The early bird registration extended to 15th October2017 — *

On the weekend of *17-19th November 2017*, the first edition of AoN
Brainhack Warsaw will take place. During this three-day event dedicated to
students and PhD students, we will work in teams on* neuroscience-related
projects*.

The aim of the event is to meet new, enthusiastic researchers, make new
friendships in academia, learn, share the knowledge on data mining and
brain research, but also promote open science in the spirit of the whole
Brainhack community (
<https://gigascience.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s13742-016-0121-x>Craddock
et al., 2016)
<https://gigascience.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s13742-016-0121-x>.
Attendees of various backgrounds are welcome to join!

Please note AoN Brainhack Warsaw 2017 is a satellite event for the
interdisciplinary Aspects of Neuroscience conference
<http://neuroaspects.org/> which will take place on 24-26th November 2017
in Warsaw. Participation in the conference is not mandatory to take part in
Brainhack but we encourage to also consider this.

Below you could see list of projects which will be realised during our
three day event:

   1.

   Functional connectivity research: can we find a common ground?
   <https://brainhackwarsaw.github.io/#connectivity>
   2.

   Detecting trypophobia triggers
   <https://brainhackwarsaw.github.io/#connectivity%23trypophobia>
   3.

   Development of video game for studying joint action dynamics
   <https://brainhackwarsaw.github.io/#connectivity%23game>
   4.

   Training a human-like movie evaluation system based on the semantic
   features of the storylines
   <https://brainhackwarsaw.github.io/#connectivity%23movies>
   5.

   Hypothesis­-driven white matter tractography from T1­-weighted MRI images
   <https://brainhackwarsaw.github.io/#connectivity%23whitematter>
   6.

   One channel EEG sleep staging with open source and open hardware NeuroOn
   sleep mask <https://brainhackwarsaw.github.io/#connectivity%23neuroon>
   7.

   Building a brain-ageing biomarker using machine learning
   <https://brainhackwarsaw.github.io/#connectivity%23ageingbiomarker>
   8.

   Building and using the “FlyPi”: the 3D-printed Neurobiology Lab
   <https://brainhackwarsaw.github.io/#connectivity%23flypi>

*‘Early bird’* registration for project participants,* closes on 15th
October 2017*. The applications will be reviewed and the notification of
acceptance will be sent to the applicants until 20th October2017.

We welcome everyone at the AoN Brainhack Warsaw 2017 event. We would like
to prepare the equipment and the clusters properly before the event,
therefore we are asking the participants to register in advance and choose
the projects of their preference. We will do our best to make sure that
everyone can take part in the project they like, and that the projects are
well prepared for the participants. In any case, we welcome everyone to
come, watch the event and help us at the first Brainhack in the history of
AoN conference!

A registration fee of 25EUR (or 100PLN) will be requested upon acceptance.
The registration fee will be spent on the catering during the event.

To register please visit our page and learn more about the Brainhack Warsaw!
https://brainhackwarsaw.github.io/
<https://brainhackwarsaw.github.io/>

We looking forward to see you in Warsaw!
*The AoN Brainhack Warsaw 2017 team:*
Natalia Bielczyk, MSc, Donders Institute for Brain, Cognition and Behavior,
Nijmegen, The Netherlands (natalia.bielczyk at gmail.com)
Krzysztof Bielski,  Faculty of Psychology, University of Warsaw, Warsaw,
Poland
Daniel Borek, MSc, Doctoral School of Social and Behavioural Sciences,
Ghent University, Ghent, Belgium, (dtborek at g <norbert.kopco at upjs.sk>mail.com
)