[Eeglablist] ERSP bootstrap outside of newtimef

Max Cantor Max.Cantor at colorado.edu
Thu Oct 19 16:33:21 PDT 2017

Hi,

I've produced grand-averaged TFRs across all of my subjects, at select
channels, and taken the difference between two conditions, by looping
through pop_newtimef for each subject and each channel of interest across
both conditions separately, outputting these into separate 4-D arrays,
averaging across subjects, and then taking the difference between the two
arrays, such that I end up with an ersp difference array of freq x
timepoint x chan.

This array is compatible with the tftopo function and I would like to apply
a bootstrapped statistical mask to this array through the tftopo function.
Testing it with an erspboot mask outputted by pop_newtimef was functional,
however this erspboot mask was obviously specific to that particular
subject and channel and not appropriate for my grand averaged array.

Is there a conceptually and computationally simple way to run this array
through the bootstat function (which I believe is what's producing the
statistical masking) outside of pop_newtimef and produce a freqs x 2
erspboot mask that would be compatible with tftopo, or would it be easier
for me to just reformat my array into a fieldtrip structure and use their
functions for nonparametric cluster-based permutation testing, which to the
best of my knowledge is the mathematical implementation eeglab uses anyway?

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks,
Max

--