[Eeglablist] Problem with EEG dataset loading and visualization in BCILAB

Tarik S Bel-Bahar tarikbelbahar at gmail.com
Mon Nov 6 12:57:40 PST 2017

Hello Nilofer,

1. From what it looks like in the images you showed, you may not be
filtering the data properly as per BCI import functions.
Take a closer look through the bcilab documentation on that.

2. You should not be experiencing data loss. This may be due to the very
long length of your total data, or to "epoching" settings in the bcilab
import function.

3. In the future, and for this email, you probably want to also CC
Dr.Kothe, the developer of BCILAB. You may also want to check that you
original data are okay (via a non-bcilab path), and that you have the most
recent versiosn of bcilab/eeglab.

4. One alternative you could consider is to properly load up the files
within eeglab, save them as .set files, confirm that they are OK, and that
they have all the data, and then from there attempt loading them into
BCILAB.

5. If you lack of events is only due to the data loss, once you resolve
proper import, you should be fine. If you need to add event markers, you
should be able to do that via eeglab or bcilab functions.

​6. When you have a solution to your queries, please share them with the
list so that other users can benefit from your experiences.​