[Eeglablist] Spread blinks and eye artifacts over IC

mahsa shalchy mahsa.shalchy at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 15:54:51 PST 2017

Dear Experts,

I am trying to correct EEG data blinks and saccades using ICA, however, in
some cases (i.e. when the subject is double blinking), ICA finds multiple
eye related components.

The problem is that except for the main blink component, other eye
contaminated ICs, have neural information and I can not easily discard them
( please find an image of ICs here:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjz2v3ke6zdr1j1/AABoSzG4s6ZyAlUz_vYC8slsa?dl=0)

I tried using PCA before ICA but it didn't seem to work.

For the preprocessing I did the following steps before applying ICA:
Resampling, Filtering (0.1-40), re-referencing to average mastoids,epoching.

I highly appreciate your help on this problem.

Many thanks,
Mahsa