[Eeglablist] Channel location file for Natus data

K Jeffrey Eriksen eriksenj at ohsu.edu
Wed Nov 15 14:45:34 PST 2017

Marj,

I think I can help a bit more her. A1 and A2 are the old clinical designations for the ear lobe electrodes, which no one uses any more. If you have data from A1 and A2, they are undoubtedly the mastoid placement, better named M1 and M2. The mastoid location is close to 10-10 positions TP9 and TP10. I will see if I can find you a picture of them which I will send directly, since I do not think EEGlablist accepts images.

T7 and T8 are newer alternative designation for the original T3/T4, and also P7/P8 are newer alternates for the original T5/T6. That should clear things up for you I hope. A committee tried to get people to switch to the newer labels as they made more sense anatomically and numerically, but the industry has not adopted them in very many places.

-Jeff