[Eeglablist] Downsampling before or after concatenating and averaging

Joseph Nuamah jknuamah at aggies.ncat.edu
Sat Nov 25 15:16:36 PST 2017

Dear All,

In a recent experiment, I presented each participant with two conditions in
four randomized blocks consisting of 30 trial each. Thus, I have four data
sets under each condition for each participant. The experiment was carried
out in one session; I did not reapply the cap and did not re-gel. I intend
to downsample from 512Hz to 256 Hz, epoch the data, and perform ICA to
remove artifactual components (not dipole modeling)

My questions are:
1. Do I downsample before or after concatenation?
2. Do I epoch before or after concatenation?
2. Do I epoch before or after ICA ? Does it matter which comes first ?

Many thanks!

Joseph