[Eeglablist] disinfection of caps?

Jim Kroger jkroger at nmsu.edu
Wed Dec 13 09:56:54 PST 2017

We clean the electrodes and caps with cool water and a water pic (keep the water pic and electrodes/cap submerged in water, it works much better). Then we submerge the cap in 1/2 distilled water and 1/2 rubbing alcohol or ethanol for about a minute. After 14 years, I don't think this causes a problem. The stretch is lost much more from putting it on heads. This satisfies our IRB and relieves worry about disease transmitting. We do the same with syringes and electrodes.

Jim Kroger
NMSU Psychology