[Eeglablist] Post-Doctoral Position at Kessler Foundation, West Orange, NJ
DAllexandre at kesslerfoundation.org
Wed Sep 6 06:46:42 PDT 2017
Post-Doctoral Fellow Position in Neuromuscular Rehabilitation and Neuroimaging Research in West Orange, NJ
Applications are now being accepted for a Postdoctoral Fellowship position at the Human Performance and Engineering Lab at Kessler Foundation, West Orange, NJ in collaboration with New Jersey Medical School of Rutgers University. The 2 year program prepares biomedical scientists, including engineers (e.g. biomedical, electrical, rehabilitation), neuroscientists, kinesiologists, and those in related fields, for a career in rehabilitation research within the specialty area of neuromuscular rehabilitation and neuroimaging. The successful candidate will work principally on a project investigating the neurophysiological mechanisms underlying balance dysfunction and intervention related recovery in traumatic brain injury (TBI). The project will use a multimodal approach involving MRI, EEG, EMG, motion tracking, transcranial magnetic stimulation to study how brain to muscle integration is affected in balance dysfunction.
The successful applicant will also be expected to develop his/her own mentored research project as well as have the opportunity to work on other projects in neuromuscular rehabilitation in diverse patient populations including traumatic brain injury, cancer, multiple sclerosis, spinal cord injury and stroke. He/she will work on various aspects of research projects from inception (e.g., study formulation, grant-writing, etc.), through dissemination (conference presentation and manuscript publication). Opportunities of collaborating with clinicians on existing or future clinical research are also available. All fellows participate in an extensive training curriculum and didactic offerings. Multidisciplinary mentored training opportunities are individually tailored to achieve specific goals considering each fellow's prior background and interests. More information can be found at www.kesslerfoundation.org/researchcenter/postdoctoralfellowshipprogram<http://www.kesslerfoundation.org/researchcenter/postdoctoralfellowshipprogram> .
* PhD degree in biomedical engineering, neuroscience or closely related field.
* Strong computer skills with solid programming experience in particular Matlab.
* Background in signal processing or/and image processing (EMG, EEG, fMRI) and biomedical instrumentation.
* Ability to independently develop data processing/analysis methods.
* Excellent written communication skills.
* Research studies in human subjects, and history of publication and presentation of original research.
* Applicants with specific interests and/or experience in the following areas: Transcranial magnetic stimulation; Neuromuscular rehabilitation; biomedical signal processing (e.g., EEG, TMS and EMG); brain and muscle electrophysiology
* Applicants with specific experience in EEG and EMG data collection and analysis, preferably in EEG based mobile brain/body imaging (MoBI) experiments as well as motor related fMRI processing.
How to apply
To apply, please send your resume and a cover letter summarizing relevant research expertise, experience and interest to Dr. Allexandre at dallexandre at kesslerfoundation.org<mailto:dallexandre at kesslerfoundation.org>. Please include the reference number "TBIpd2-eeglab" in your application.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Position is available immediately. Applications will be reviewed until the position is filled (announcement date: 9/6/2017)
All candidates must have unrestricted legal authorization to work in the U.S. Proof of identity and eligibility will be required upon employment.
We are equal opportunity employers.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the eeglablist