[Eeglablist] Import data to EEGLAB GUI

Tarik S Bel-Bahar tarikbelbahar at gmail.com
Sat Feb 10 20:15:55 PST 2018

Hello Adeel, some notes for your below, best wishes.

Here is an example of the using the eeg_regepochs function

%%%%load the .set file of interest, then...
EEG = eeg_regepochs(EEG,3);  %make three second epochs
[ALLEEG EEG CURRENTSET] = pop_newset(ALLEEG, EEG,
CURRENTSET,'overwrite','on','gui','off'); %overwrite the current EEG
structure
eeglab redraw %update eeglab and the the eeglab gui

after running the above you should see that you have a certain number of
epochs (review the main eeglab gui and also plot the data to make sure)

for details about "run ica on epoched data" check out the following if you
have not had a chance to:

try all steps via the gui only from import to cleaning to ICA to computing
specific metrics. Review the output of the eegh command after each
successful  step, which shows the code/functions that were run at each step.

read through the online eeglab documentation

do eeglab online tutorial (follow the steps and use the eeglab tutorial
data)

watch the eeglab summer school online videos

google and check out Makoto's pipeline (a set of suggestions from an an
advanced eeglab user)

google past eeglablist posts (many of which contain questions similar to
yours from new users). do so by googling eeglablist + your topic/question

as you are seem new to ICA, the following website from eeglab developers
should be very helpful to you
http://labeling.ucsd.edu/tutorial