[Eeglablist] 'powbase'

Marius Klug marius.s.klug at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 02:17:47 PDT 2018

Hi Kamia,

ERSPs are always interpreted in comparison to a baseline. There are several
different ways of doing this, the most frequently used is dividing the
power values (not dB transformed) or the epoch by the power values of the
baseline. Usually this is done automatically by newtimef such that it
computes the baseline (by thefault this is the prestimulus average) by
itself. However, if you want, you can enter a baseline you precomputed
yourself and use that one instead. This is done by using the 'powbase'
parameter and providing a vector with the baseline power values for each
frequency.

In case you are unsure what you're doing here, don't use this parameter,
but use the 'baseline' parameter and enter the millisecond frame which time
points should be taken as baseline.

I hope this helped!

Best,
Marius