[Eeglablist] Error when computing STUDY average

Teresa Tang Teresa.Tang at sussex.ac.uk
Thu May 3 06:30:35 PDT 2018

Hi all,
I’ve been experiencing problems when trying to plot my averaged ERP data in a STUDY set. I hope some of you can help advise!

I receive the following error message:
“Cannot use file to lookup channel names, the file needs to be recomputed,
(Error occurred in function std_readfile() at line 142)”

I’ve read in a previous thread that it’s due to inconsistency in channel names across the subjects.
https://sccn.ucsd.edu/pipermail/eeglablist/2015/010265.html
However I have already checked this and all the channel names across all subjects are the same. There is no inconsistency.

It’s very strange as it will happily compute a grand average for 6 participants but will give me an error message if I include the remaining other participants. However there is nothing different between all these files.

Does anyone what is the problem and how to solve this?

I would really appreciate it if someone could share the answer to this problem!

Many thanks,
Teresa

Teresa Tang
Research Assistant