[Eeglablist] Saving data set changes rank

Hiebel, Hannah (hannah.hiebel@uni-graz.at) hannah.hiebel at uni-graz.at
Fri May 18 02:37:21 PDT 2018

Hi John,

I encountered a similar problem a while ago and realized that depending on a combination of different settings in the memory options (option_savetwofiles, option_single), the precision of the data potentially changes when saving a dataset (single vs. double).

The precision, in turn, appears to affect the result returned by rank(EEG.data). For double precision, the rank corresponded to the number of channels; when converting the same data to single precision, the rank changed to a comparatively low value (similar to what you report).

You could check the precision before and after saving the dataset; maybe your problem is related to this aspect?

Best,

Hannah