[Eeglablist] source projected back to sensor-space

Martin Simoneau Martin.Simoneau at kin.ulaval.ca
Tue Jun 5 12:41:45 PDT 2018

Dear EEGlab expert users,

I am interested in studying corticomuscular coherence. I have identified sources, through DIPFIT, those that the variance is smaller than 15%. Thereafter, I made sure these sources represent brain activity. Here is my question: should I project back all the sources (variance smaller than 15% and brain activity) regardless of their locations or it is a good idea to project back, in sensor-space, only the sources that are in the sensorimotor cortex? Thereafter, I intend to calculate corticomuscular coherence selecting sensors over the right or left sensorimotor cortex.

Another possibility would be to calculate corticomuscular coherence between sources located in the sensorimotor cortex and muscle activity. Thus, there is no need to project back the sources in the sensor-space.

Nonetheless, I have not seen papers calculating corticomuscular coherence between sources and muscle activity. I wonder why, I have probably overlooked the literature unless there are reasons not to use sources to calculate corticomuscular coherence.

Any suggestion would be appreciated,

Regards,

Martin