[Eeglablist] interpolation, gradients

Péter Buzás peter.buzas at aok.pte.hu
Fri Jun 8 03:07:53 PDT 2018

Dear Eeglabbers,

May I have a few questions on interpolation methods implemented in eeglab.

1.       We have used topoplot to interpolate certain statistical parameters
we gather from EEG electrodes. Is interpolation in topoplot done along the
scalp surface or on some other surface – or volume?

2.       The question becomes even more important when we would like to
calculate the gradient of the parameter in question. Is there a function in
eeglab that would calculate gradients along the scalp surface?

3.       We would also like to calculate phase gradients. Is that
implemented?

This of course all hinges on the question of how to calculate distances
between electrodes. I’m not entirely sure but my feeling is that one should
go along the scalp surface.

I’d be grateful for your insights.

Kind regards,

Peter