[Eeglablist] Transfer ICA matrices between sets

Sebastian Sauppe sauppe.s at gmail.com
Sun Jun 17 15:37:52 PDT 2018

Dear EEGLAB list members,

I encounter an error when trying to transfer ICA matrices between EEG sets. I am following Makoto’s recommendation to use a 1 Hz high-pass filtered version of my dataset for the ICA decomposition (https://sccn.ucsd.edu/wiki/Makoto%27s_preprocessing_pipeline#High-pass_filter_the_data_at_1-Hz_.28for_ICA.2C_ASR.2C_and_CleanLine.29.2804.2F27.2F2018_updated.29 <https://sccn.ucsd.edu/wiki/Makoto's_preprocessing_pipeline#High-pass_filter_the_data_at_1-Hz_.28for_ICA.2C_ASR.2C_and_CleanLine.29.2804.2F27.2F2018_updated.29>). However, when I want to import the ICA matrix from the 1-Hz-set by means of the GUI (Edit -> Dataset info -> ICA weights array -> and then selecting a stored .set file), EEGLAB throws the following error:

„Maximum variable size allowed by the program exceeded.,

(Error occurred in function pop_editset() at line 367)“

I already set the Java Heap Memory in MATLAB’s general settings to 4 GB and the two set files together are not bigger than 400 MB. Does anyone of you know what the solution to this problem might be? Is there maybe an easy way to script the ICA transfer and this might avoid the error encountered in the GUI?

I’d be very grateful for any advice.

Kind regards,
Sebastian

Dr. Sebastian Sauppe
Department of Comparative Linguistics, University of Zurich
Homepage: https://sites.google.com/site/sauppes/ <https://sites.google.com/site/sauppes/>
Twitter: @SebastianSauppe <https://twitter.com/SebastianSauppe>
Google Scholar Citations: https://scholar.google.de/citations?user=wEtciKQAAAAJ <https://scholar.google.de/citations?user=wEtciKQAAAAJ>
ResearchGate: http://www.researchgate.net/profile/Sebastian_Sauppe <http://www.researchgate.net/profile/Sebastian_Sauppe>