[Eeglablist] How to export previously imported data

Ramón Martinez nucleuscub at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 10:53:57 PDT 2018

Hi Michelle,
 If your goal is to save the dataset so you can load it in EEGLAB for
further processing, then you should stick the native EEGLAB extension
(.set). However, this issue you mentioned should be investigated. Would you
mind to file a bug report here <https://sccn.ucsd.edu/bugzilla/>? Please,
provide a detailed and clear description of how to reproduce the problem.
 Thanks,
Ramon

On Thu, Jul 5, 2018 at 10:19 AM, Michelle Lee <michelle.lee98 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello, I am having some trouble with the contents of a file I exported.
>
> For some background info, I first loaded a dataset (.set file) into eeglab
> then exported it as a text file. I saved this text file as an excel file so
> that I could modify it and make some changes before importing it back into
> eeglab into the same dataset.
>
> The final excel file that I imported is 1 sheet, has 4 columns of numbers
> and 4 headers (number, latency, type, urevent). The only thing I modified
> was the type column.
>
> The file was imported successfully as a text file and I could see the
> modifications when I plotted the eeg graph.
>

> However, when I exported the file and saved it in excel, the content's
> format didn't resemble the original exported file.
>
> The number and type columns are aligned with each other, however the
> latency column is completely different. The number column duplicated as
> well but the main issue is that the events no longer correspond to the
> correct latencies so the timing is off.
>

> Could someone explain why the latencies changed in the newly exported file
> and how I can align the events and type with the proper latencies?
>

> I am not very familiar with eeglab so any help is appreciated.
>
> Thank you,
>

> Michelle Lee

> ucsd.edu

Ramon Martinez-Cancino