[Eeglablist] When to select Additive Baseline in ERSP Study Function?

Kathleen Van Benthem kathy_vanbenthem at carleton.ca
Tue Jul 17 05:02:22 PDT 2018

Dear List,

Can someone explain when
​one would want to

​select
 the "assume additive baseline" option
​ when in the Study Function: ERSP​
.
After some searching we are still not clear on what this
​ "additive" option​
does in the Stud
​y ERSP​
function.
We are interested comparing power in frequency bands in the few seconds
before the "responded to" vs. the "ignored" triggers (auditory cues)
​ (N=30, two conditions per participant)​
.

​Specifically, we would like to know what
is happening with the
​baseline
 when we select, or don't select the additive baseline option?   And does
it matter if our epochs already have a baseline
​ created during epoching​
(
​our baseline is ​
the first second of the three seconds before the trigger
​​
).

ERSP always compares post trigger data to that of the baseline, right?
Thanks for your help in this matter,

Kathleen Van Benthem
kathy.vanbenthem at carleton.ca