[Eeglablist] Filter distortion around boundary events

Erickson ericksonb.eng at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 09:41:51 PDT 2018

Andreas, thanks for your detailed response. Regarding line noise, I think
there's some kind of power substation box in the room. It is "non-ideal" to
be sure, but presently that's what we're working with. Your suggestion for
filtering in two steps with those filter orders is working much better than
the automatic order option.

A question for all - to further ameliorate the DC shift, would a linear
detrend over the unepoched data prior to any other step potentially help
with this problem? In a test on one file it seems to help. Then, I could
potentially remove the mean of each channel over the whole recording?

Thank you,
Brian

​*Brian Erickson**, Ph.D.*
*Postdoctoral Researcher, CogNeW Lab*