[Eeglablist] Question: Single Trial ICA Component Activations

John Myers john.myers at my.utsa.edu
Wed Aug 1 09:18:31 PDT 2018

Hello Everyone!

I'm writing to ask how to generate ICA component activations (EEG.icaact)
for single trials using the data structures in EEGLAB.

I know that EEG.icaact = (EEG.icaweights*EEG.icasphere)*EEG.data. I'm
wondering if this formula can be used to transform a single trial of EEG
data into component activations.

Concretely, my quesiton is, "Can I compute an IC activation for a single
trial using the (EEG.icaweights*EEG.icasphere)*EEG.(single trial data)? If
not, how can I do this using EEGLAB's structures.

Best wishes,

--
John Myers, M.S.
PhD Student