[Eeglablist] A Human Neuroelectromagnetic Data Archive and Tools Resource (NEMAR)

Scott Makeig smakeig at ucsd.edu
Tue Sep 18 17:35:45 PDT 2018

*Dear Colleagues - As the linked letter explains, we are pulling together
(on quite short notice, but now with needed green light approval from the
NIMH Office of Technology Development and Coordination) a proposal for a
national data archive and active data analysis resource for processing and
data mining of new and existing 'neuroelectromagnetic' (EEG, MEG, and iEEG)
data. In a collaboration with Russ Poldrack and Chris Gorgolewski and their
OpenNeuro.org <http://openneuro.org/> project, our 'NEMAR' project will
aggregate data via our Neuroscience Gateway portal (nsgportal.org
<http://nsgportal.org/>) which now provides an initial library of analysis
tools, including all of EEGLAB <http://sccn.ucsd.edu/wiki/EEGLAB_on_NSG>,
to apply to uploaded data using XSEDE high-performance, high-throughput and
cloud computing resources. Our goal is to bring human electromagnetic
neuroimaging into the age of 'large data' source analysis, search, and
mining. NIMH, within its BRAIN Initiative effort, aims to provide data
archives that function as active data processing resources for brain
research communities including ours. We will begin by focusing on
aggregating EEG and MEG data of all types, with iEEG data to follow as well
as relevant multimodal data as the relevant Brain Imaging Data Structure
(BIDS) <http://bids.neuroimaging.io/> archiving standards are published.
For detailed annotation of experimental events, allowing search and
integration across studies we will use the Hierarchical Event Descriptor
(HED) system <http://hedtags.org/> (hedtags.org
<http://www.hedtags.org/>).To have a realistic chance for funding, we need
to demonstrate as much research community interest as possible to the BRAIN
Initiative review panel. The attached letter gives more details and
includes a request for a letter of interest and support to accompany our
proposal -- which we must submit on Sept. 27, 2018 (only a week from this
Wednesday)... Thanking you in advance for your possible interest -- we
would also appreciate hearing your questions and suggestions...Scott Makeig
      Arnaud Delorme     Amit MajumdarSwartz Center for Computational
Neuroscience & San Diego Supercomputer Center, UCSD*

--
Scott Makeig, Research Scientist and Director, Swartz Center for
Computational Neuroscience, Institute for Neural Computation, University of