[Eeglablist] How to save EOG channels from ASR processing?

Akshay Kumar akshayksharma94 at live.com
Mon Oct 22 02:31:01 PDT 2018

Hi,

I have been following Makato's pipeline for EEG processing.
As the pipeline wants me to run ASR before ICA and from previous discussions I got to know that ICA performs better when EOG channels are included with other EEG channels when having the same reference.

ASR removes EOG channels and previous discussions do not provide any concrete method to save EOG channels.

What I am thinking to save EOG channels is:

  1.  Make two copies of data.
  2.  Run ASR on copy A and see what channels do the ASR removes apart from the EOG channels.
  3.  In copy B, removes those channels manually from EEGLAB.
  4.  Do ICA on copy B.

This way I removed the uncorrelated channels and saved the EOG channels as well.

Can you please advice on my approach?

Thanks,

Akshay