[Eeglablist] is there pca in eeglab

Arnaud Delorme arno at ucsd.edu
Fri Nov 23 16:25:58 PST 2018

There is also a PCA plugin in one of the workshop lectures (page 15).

https://sccn.ucsd.edu/mediawiki/images/9/95/EEGLAB2018_scripting5.pdf

We do not recommend using PCA which does not capture the structure of the data as ICA does. The paper Tarik mentioned is a good one

Artoni, F., Delorme, A., & Makeig, S. (2018). Applying dimension reduction to EEG data by Principal Component Analysis reduces the quality of its subsequent Independent Component decomposition. NeuroImage, 175, 176-187.

See also

Delorme A, Palmer J, Onton J, Oostenveld R, Makeig S. (2012) Independent EEG sources are dipolar.PLoS One, 7(2).
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22355308