[Eeglablist] pvaf parameter for ICA components

David Jin david.jin at yale.edu
Thu Dec 6 06:55:15 PST 2018

Hi All,
We have two questions about ICA with eeglab. In our current dataset, we are
finding that the percent variance accounted for (when using eeg_pvaf) is
negative for the majority of our components such that when summed, they
come out to a negative percent variance accounted for. Is this a normal
finding (and what is its significance)? Secondly, do the components with
the maximum percent variance accounted for (found via eeg_pvaf) correspond
to the same components with the maximum mean power of back-projection
(output when running pop_envtopo)?

Many thanks,
David