[Eeglablist] Muse Monitor to EEGLAB timestamp/sampling rate issue

Patrick Wu poboxpatwu at gmail.com
Mon Dec 31 16:34:14 PST 2018

James over at Muse Monitor has been invaluable in helping out but there's
still a few questions I hope to get support with. I understand that the
Muse SDK time-stamps based on buffering by the Bluetooth module. However,
data collected through Muse Monitor (which should have a 256Hz sampling
rate) is automatically sampled and time-stamped at 300Hz in EEGLAB.
Resampling to 256Hz in EEGLAB just downsamples the record.

Looking at the RAW data exported to csv by Muse Monitor, the average
"sampling rate" (estimated from the number of data points divided over a
30s difference in time-stamps) is actually around 330Hz... This difference
makes it so that records are noticeably shorter after importing into
EEGLAB. How does EEGLAB determine the sampling rate when the time-stamps of
the imported record is irregular? Is there anyway to specify the sampling
rate when importing data?

-Patrick