[Eeglablist] PSD on scored PSG data

VARMA, MOHITH MUKUND mohith96 at connect.hku.hk
Thu Jan 10 01:56:54 PST 2019

Dear all,

I am trying to conduct PSD (Power Spectrum Density) analysis for each of
the sleep stages across different frequency bands. I have scored the PSG
data (edf format) on a Python toolbox called Sleep and obtained the
hypnogram that I can use as time codes for each sleep stage. I imported
this time code file as event file (it contains info on the latency and type
of sleep stage) and now the thing I am stuck on is how to run PSD (possibly
using spectopo) for the same event type across different frequency band. I
think I cannot use the GUI to run this part so your help for setting up the
parameters in the MATLAB command would be really helpful! My data's
sampling rate is 250 Hz and FFT window size is 4 sec and other paramters I
can go with the default settings provided by EEGLAB. I hope my question is
clear enough, please let me know if you need further information.

Regards,

--
Mohith M. Varma (Mo)
Graduate Research Assistant

Social & Cognitive Neuroscience Laboratory
Department of Psychology
Faculty of Social Sciences
The University of Hong Kong
Tel: (+852) 52622875