[Eeglablist] How can I export the mean amplitude within eeglab

Stephen Politzer-Ahles politzerahless at gmail.com
Sun Mar 17 15:23:22 PDT 2019

Your data in EEGLAB are included in the 'EEG' structure, and part of that
is 'EEG.data', which is a matrix of channels*samples*epoch. Therefore, for
any given mean amplitude you are interested in, you can index the part of
the matrix which falls within that window and use basic MATLAB functions to
average and export it. For example, if you want the mean amplitude of the
10th electrode for the 100th to 150th samples in the 5th epoch,  you can
pull out those samples with

amplitudes = EEG.data( 10, 100:150, 5 );

and then use the mean() function to average them, and the dlmwrite()
function to save them into a file. This can straightforwardly be scaled up
(using MATLAB code) to get mean amplitudes from multiple channels, multiple
time windows, averaged across multiple trials, etc.

---
Stephen Politzer-Ahles
The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
Department of Chinese and Bilingual Studies
http://www.mypolyuweb.hk/~sjpolit/
<http://www.nyu.edu/projects/politzer-ahles/>