[Eeglablist] clean_rawdata

Makoto Miyakoshi mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu
Mon Apr 1 10:17:32 PDT 2019

Dear Caren,

Thank you for your interest. I recently updated clean_rawdata() to 1.00,
and created the dedicated Wiki page for ASR/clean_rawdata() which is now
separated from Makoto's preprocessing pipeline wiki. You will find all the
reference info there (in fact, the new GUI shows credit for Christian Kothe
and the reference paper by Mullen). I just wrote the wrapper, so I don't
need to be credited. I also put my comment on HAPPE paper (aka Harvard
Pipeline). I want to emphasize that Chang et al. (2018) is useful to learn
the basic behavior of ASR.

https://sccn.ucsd.edu/wiki/Artifact_Subspace_Reconstruction_(ASR)
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/325921646_Evaluation_of_Artifact_Subspace_Reconstruction_for_Automatic_EEG_Artifact_Removal

Please let me know if you find a problem in the updated plugin (since now
it supports 30+ optional inputs that are available for the original
function clean_artifact()...)

Makoto

On Mon, Apr 1, 2019 at 1:42 AM Caren Strote <caren.strote at icloud.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I found your recommendation to use clean_rawdata on the SCCN wiki website
> and tried to find any documentation, to figure out, if it works for my
> purposes. I work with EEG data and would like to compute the mutual
> information for certain pairs of electrodes. There for I need to clean the
> data from eye blink  and other typical clearly identifiable artefacts
> without changing the data to much, as I don’t want to reject the affected
> channels.
>
> The second reason I am asking is, that I do these analysis in context of
> my master’s thesis and may publish it the results later. So I would like to
> be able to reference to your work correctly.
>
> Best regards,
> Caren Strote

Assistant Project Scientist, Swartz Center for Computational Neuroscience