[Eeglablist] filtfilt- issues

Wittayer, Matthias Matthias.Wittayer at umm.de
Wed Jun 12 06:14:16 PDT 2019

Dear Ramesh,

thanks for your assistance. Let me be more precise in describing the issue:
When launching fmrib´s  FASTR (tool for the removal of gradient artifacts in fmri/eeg), everything works out fine. Slice alignment runs, but when it comes to artifact subtraction it says "FILTFILT (line 81) error, Invalid data type. Arguments must be double matrices., (Error occurred in function filtfilt () at line 81)." And it crashes.
I tried to edit the lines where fmrib_fastr.m calls filtfilt function (lines 861,1041,1042, 1049) where it says things like "cleanEEG= filtfilt (lpfwts,1,cleanEEG)" by inserting a "double"  (cleanEEG= filtfilt (double (lpfwts,1,cleanEEG))). Which is probably really stupid but well reflects my Matlab- abilities. When I run the program it then says "Invalid expression. When calling a function or indexing a variable, use parentheses. Otherwise check for mismatched delimiters.,"
Same holds true for running fmrib_pas.m (Tool for the removal of BCG- Artifacts). Unedited version puts out the same filtfilt error as above and the version I edited according to the same sceme as above returns the error "Invalid expression. When calling a function or indexing a variable, use parentheses. Otherwise check for mismatched delimiters., (Error occurred in function pop_fmrib_pas() at line 151)".
In each case when I use another pair of parentheses like cleanEEG= filtfilt (double ( (lpfwts,1,cleanEEG))) it returns something like "too many variables" but somehow I cannot reproduce this at the moment.

Best regards and thanks Matthias