[Eeglablist] LORETA applied to single-trial EEG analyses?

Eric Rawls elrawls at email.uark.edu
Thu Jul 11 20:37:33 PDT 2019

Makoto,
Thanks, I had assumed as much. Of course there is no reason to apply
physiological electromagnetic constraints to beta weights.
This doesn't bode well for the use of dipole fitting via dipfit either in
the localization of EEG regression results, does it (as dipfit also relies
on Maxwell's equations)?
I guess the only way to estimate the cortical source of a scalp regression
result would be to run the regression on source-level data such as
independent components or voxelwise activity returned from LORETA (or
something similar)?
Thanks for the response
Eric