[Eeglablist] Is dipfit ever used for purposes other than localising source space data?

Downey, Ryan J RDowney at bme.ufl.edu
Mon Jul 15 09:12:12 PDT 2019

In the paper you are referencing, they are running ICA and then picking the single independent component that best represents the P3 ERP they are interested in so they can have better a signal-to-noise ratio than channel-data. After running ICA, they are using dipfit to automatically reduce the number of components they later have to sort through with some other algorithm (COMPASS). So basically they are using dipfit to assist them in selecting the best IC.

If you don't intend to replicate the paper exactly (using ICA) then I don't see why you would need dipfit.

Ryan J. Downey
Postdoctoral Associate
Human Neuromechanics Laboratory
Biomedical Engineering Dept.