[Eeglablist] PostDoc position at LIN Magdeburg, Germany

Andreas Widmann widmann at uni-leipzig.de
Mon Aug 26 09:15:28 PDT 2019

On behalf of Professor Dr. Nicole Wetzel I forward the offer for a full-time PostDoc position to join the Neurocognitive Development Group at the Leibniz Institute for Neurobiology in Magdeburg, Germany:

https://cloud.lin-magdeburg.de/s/wDrrzxJCRAmNef3
https://www.lin-magdeburg.org/career/vacancies

The Independent CBBS Research Group Neurocognitive Development at the Leibniz Institute for Neurobiology (LIN) (https://www.lin-magdeburg.de/forschung/cbbs-forschergruppe-neurokognitive-entwicklung) in Magdeburg investigates the development of cognitive functions in children. We are looking for a highly motivated

Post-doctoral Research Scientist (full-time)

for a fixed-term position commencing 01/11/2019 (or later) until at least 03/2022 (Funding is available for potential further employment within the group beyond the 2 years (subject to review)).

Our projects focus on the development of attention, memory, learning and the underlying neuronal mechanisms in typically and atypically developing children. Our aim is to foster the translation of results into application.

The ideal applicant has a PhD in psychology, cognitive sciences, neuroscience, education, or related fields and has extensive experience in experimental approaches using EEG or pupillometry. Expertise in Matlab is essential and a solid background in programming and statistics is required. The candidate is expected to be able to work independently within the framework of the project, will collaborate with interdisciplinary teams, has confidence and enjoys working with children. Because of the required interaction with children, the candidate is expected to have good communication skills in German or is willing to learn German. Very good written and oral communication skills in English are expected.

We hereby offer a challenging and versatile position in an enthusiastic team. Our group provides a modern EEG and Eye-tracking children’s lab, mobile EEG- and Eye-tracking techniques, access to MEG and MRT under the terms of internal guidelines, close collaboration with local schools and kindergartens, study support by our lab manager, and excellent working conditions and opportunities for cooperation. The LIN in Magdeburg is an internationally renowned center for learning and memory research. Neurobiologists, physicians, psychologists, biochemists, and physicists work in interdisciplinary groups to decode the brain mechanisms of learning and memory processes on all organizational levels. The LIN is a member of the Leibniz Association (WGL) and constitutes a main pillar of the neurosciences in Magdeburg. The research group is funded by the Center for Behavioral Brain Sciences (CBBS) from the State of Saxony-Anhalt and the European Regional Development Fund (EFRE).

Your employment, salary and employee benefits comply with the collective pay agreement (German TV-L). Equal opportunities as well as compatibility of family and work are part of our HR policy. Severely disabled applicants with equivalent occupational aptitude will be considered preferentially.

We are looking forward to your electronic application (German or English). Please send one PDF file comprising CV, research profile (max 1 page), list of publications, copies of relevant certificates to Nicole Wetzel via NCD at lin-magdeburg.de, reference ID: LIN 2019/NCD-01. Applications are considered until the position is filled. An initial inspection of the applications will take place by September 30, 2019.

Please be aware that costs for application and interview are not refundable. The application documents and data will be stored and used only for the selection. Please note the information for storage of personal data: https://www.lin-magdeburg.de/fileadmin/user_upload/04_Karriere/Datenschutzhinweise_Bewerber_LIN.pdf.