[Eeglablist] Advice on purchasing EEG systems

Troebinger, Luzia luzia.troebinger.11 at ucl.ac.uk
Thu Aug 29 07:13:13 PDT 2019

Hi,

I was wondering if someone could offer some advice regarding the purchase of EEG equipment.
Basically, we already have an EEG lab, using an AntNeuro system. Due to an increase in the number of EEG studies we are running, we are planning to purchase another 64-channel system.
One of the requirements we have is that we would ideally be looking to spend around £20,000 or less. Does anyone have any suggestions/advice?
Specifically, I was wondering whether it would be better to stick with the same manufacturer, or explore alternatives? Would it be a huge disadvantage if we were to switch manufacturers? We haven't had any problems with the AntNeuro system, but we want to explore what options are out there.
Any advice would be much appreciated!

Best wishes
Luzia