[Eeglablist] Statistically determining earliest time point of difference between two single trials

Stephen Politzer-Ahles politzerahless at gmail.com
Mon Sep 2 07:00:28 PDT 2019

Hi Kaelasha,

This is described in the paper by Groppe and colleagues (2011):
https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/j.1469-8986.2011.01273.x.
Crucially, if you want to know when an effect starts to be significant,
you'll want to use the test with strong control of family-wise error rate
(the non-cluster-based test), not the cluster-based test (which only has
weak control of family-wise error rate, and doesn't license inferences
about when an effect starts to be significant).

This test is implemented in the Mass Univariate ERP Toolbox, which works
with EEGLAB.

Best,
Steve

---
Stephen Politzer-Ahles
The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
Department of Chinese and Bilingual Studies
http://www.mypolyuweb.hk/~sjpolit/
<http://www.nyu.edu/projects/politzer-ahles/>