[Eeglablist] EEGLAB: Epoching and ICA. In which order?

Xiaonan L. Liu liuxiaonan87 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 10 12:40:38 PDT 2019

Hi Alice,

It seems to me there's no absolute right or wrong protocol for this . I
usually prefer doing epoch before ICA and the reason is by epoch, you can
get rid of noisy portions of your data (e.g. at the beginning, breaks and
the end etc). It seems to me what's really important is you need clean data
in order to get good ICA decomposition and epoch is somewhat a way to get
cleaner data.

Best,
Xiaonan