[Eeglablist] Basic time/frequency decomposition parameters

Makoto Miyakoshi mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu
Fri Sep 20 18:02:33 PDT 2019

Dear Hami,

When you perform time-frequency decomposition, always remember that you are
using sliding window which has (quite a long) width. The window length can
be found in this page
https://sccn.ucsd.edu/wiki/Makoto's_preprocessing_pipeline#A_tip_to_compute_time-frequency_transform_.28i.e._ERSP_.26_ITC.29_.2801.2F11.2F2017_updated.29

This is why it is important to epoch very wide (typically -1 to 2 second we
recommend). If you use 3 cycles at 3 Hz, the window width is 1116 ms, which
means you'll lose 1116/2 = 558 ms from both sides, resulting the epoch
length of -0.442 to 1.442.

Makoto