[Eeglablist] Export time-frequency data from STUDY to be analysed in R

Tarik S Bel-Bahar tarikbelbahar at gmail.com
Mon Sep 30 17:36:42 PDT 2019

Hi Alice, Some suggestions below. All the best.

*Check out the eeglab wiki on scripting* and STUDY data structures, and
google eeglablist + your topic". Try also if you haven't had a chacne
to"matlab script example export eeglab data".

Also, consider *makotos' suggestions* webpage, which  probably has a good
example of scripting to get get the eeglab STUDY data.

You could also try CCing the *ERSP export developer *(look in the
script/plugin for the author). There might be a bug in that could be
submitted to eeglab bugzilla.

*Try reviewing the STUDY data structure and the various data within it*
and try finding and pulling out various estimates from there into
a new data table to export (by calling data in specific cells within the
STUDY structure). There are per-channel, and if you have computed them,
per-IC, estimates there.

*Not easy for beginners with matlab, but not too hard, and helps you get to
know eeglab better:* First, identify all the data you want within STUDY
after having computed a metric of your choice in the main STUDY gui and
have pressed OK (which will save last results out). You will need to know
which channel, measure, ID, and IC, for each metric you grab from that
structure (via a matlab script that reads from that STUDY data). This STUDY
data is what is created and/or used when you generate STUDY figures and
stats.

*Another way to do it, *which bypasses study altogether is just loop/load
one .set file at a time through each .set file, compute the ersp metric you
want (using newtimef output) and put the metric in a table (by ID and
condition) for export.
This allows you to build an exportable data structure in matlab for export.

*If you find some solution*, please consider sharing with the list.