[Eeglablist] Freq power baseline question

David Ryan ryand1 at goldmail.etsu.edu
Mon Nov 4 12:04:27 PST 2019

Scott Makeig,
Thank you for your reply. I am familiar with ERSPs; however, my study
has correct and incorrect responses in different conditions and
results in single trial responses (e.g., 20 dB SNR condition 1
incorrect response from several participants). I was unable to use
this function as EEGLAB STUDY views single trials as continuous EEG,
not a single epoch, and the newtimef() throws an error for continuous
data.  This limitation led me to using Spectopo.
Could I baseline correct the Spectopo output by epoching prior to the
stimulus, using Spectopo to find frequency power, then subtract from
the frequency power
epoched post stimulus? Is a simple subtraction of power from pre and
post stimulus appropriate?

Thanks,
Dave