[Eeglablist] get_chanlocs

Jan Gläscher glaescher at uke.de
Fri Dec 27 08:39:18 PST 2019

Hi Andrew and Jeff,

We have used the structure sensor with an iPad in combination with a Biosemi Active Two System successfully. I am current on vacation and I don’t know the specs of the iPad from the top of my head, but it was an older model and everything worked fine. I’ll get back to you in January if you are interested.

You definitely save a lot of time on the Recording do electrode position compared with the Polhemus system that we also used. The Polhemus system also suffers from some outlier recording, the reason for which we were never able to track down. This, of course, doesn’t happen with the 3D image from the structure sensor.

However, the electrode positions have to marked manually post-hoc, which also takes some time. The way get_chanlocs works right now is also now very convenient (the rotation of the images is not great). Because of that my Postdoc working on the project patched get_chanlocs to allow for more convenient rotation. If you are interested we can share this patch with you. In the end, we’ll probably develop some automatic channel labeling to make this process more effective.

Best wishes,
Jan

> On 27. Dec 2019, at 16:04, Andrew Engell <engella at kenyon.edu> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I’m also interested in purchasing a Structure Scanner and iPad for
> electrode positioning (BioSemi AcitveTwo). So I second this request to hear
> the community’s latest experiences, thoughts, or suggestions.  Thanks very
> much.
>
> Best,
> Andrew Engell
>
> -----
> Andrew D. Engell, Ph.D.
> Associate Professor of Psychology
> Kenyon College
>
> phone:   (740) 427-5575 <//(740)%20427-5575>
> email:     engella at kenyon.edu
> web:       Kenyon faculty profile
> <http://www.kenyon.edu/directories/campus-directory/biography/andrew-engell/>
> web:       Kenyon Psychological Neuroscience lab
> <http://www.andrewengell.com/>
>
> Associate Editor, Social Cognitive and Affective Neuroscience
> <https://academic.oup.com/scan>
>
> On December 27, 2019 at 12:03:12 AM, Eriksen, Jeff :LGS Neurodiagnostics (
> jeriksen at lhs.org) wrote:
>
> Hello list,
>
> I am about to purchase a Structure Scanner and iPad to use for electrode 3D
> position scanning with EGI/Philips Neuro GSNets. I would be interested in
> hearing from anyone who has done this successfully, with these or other
> electrode caps or nets.
>
> I see there is a new model, Mark II, in addition to the Core model. May I
> assume that the Mark II is NOT supported by get_chanlocs and purchase the
> Core?
>
> What models of iPads have you used successfully? The documentation lists
> the Air model A1474.
>
> The documentation lists the Scanner and itSeez3D software as possibilities.
> I would rather not pay for the latter. How well has the Scanner software
> worked for you?
>
> Thanks,
> -Jeff Eriksen
> Portland, OR, USA

Universitätsklinikum Hamburg-Eppendorf; Körperschaft des öffentlichen Rechts; Gerichtsstand: Hamburg | www.uke.de
Vorstandsmitglieder: Prof. Dr. Burkhard Göke (Vorsitzender), Prof. Dr. Dr. Uwe Koch-Gromus, Joachim Prölß, Marya Verdel