[Eeglablist] get_chanlocs

Seyed Yahya Shirazi shirazi at ieee.org
Mon Dec 30 15:14:48 PST 2019

Hi Jeff,

After you complete the scan on iPad, you need to transfer the file to your PC and use EEGLAB or FieldTrip (or other toolboxes) to digitize electrode locations. The Occipital Scanner App, that is freely available in the AppStore, only supports emailing the scan to your PC. For example I just scanned a mannequins head (see screenshots from this link<https://www.dropbox.com/sh/s3g08g33hzvuksf/AADSud2RKb4kVo2VpP0SNvoza?dl=0>), now that I am satisfied with the scan, I need to email the scan file to myself. This particular app does not have access to iPad’s storage, so it can’t save the file, it needs to just send it. BTW, this app is open source, you can change it using Occipital Structure SDK and add a save button to it if you want (see https://forums.structure.io/t/saving-obj-files-on-ipad-in-the-future/161/3 ).

Best,
Seyed