[Eeglablist] ICLabel: "source" explanation of "channel noise" independent components in the absence of obviously bad data?

Makoto Miyakoshi mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu
Tue Jan 7 12:09:17 PST 2020

Dear Scott,

> In a large sample of subjects (n = 1500),
I have found that the "Other non-brain" class is assigned nearly as often
as the "Brain" class, the mean percentages of each classification type
being: brain (37%), muscle (13%), eye (5%), heart (0%), line (2%), channel
(8%), and other (35%).

Interesting. For comparison, let me share my n = 1222 (40 ch) results I
presented at Neuroscience2019.
See the attached screenshot.

Brain 52%
Muscle 30%
Eye 6%
Heart 2%
Other 11%

Looks like my data (from UCSD Psychiatry, PI Greg Light) has higher rates
both brain and muscle.

Makoto