[Eeglablist] ICLabel: "source" explanation of "channel noise" independent components in the absence of obviously bad data?

Scott Burwell burwell at umn.edu
Fri Jan 10 07:45:59 PST 2020

Thank you for the further clarification, Johanna. I will look into running
RELICA on my data to further assess components' reliability. As you note,
transient effective EEG processes may give rise to spurious components in
the ICA decomposition. I am using AMICA with some of the artifact options
enabled to reject "unlikely data," but still only estimating one AMICA
model, so perhaps estimation of more than one model is desirable to suss
out bad components.

Best,
Scott

burwell at umn.edu